Bring your children to a family-friendly opticians
Having examined children’s eyes for almost 20 years, we appreciate how important it is to make them feel comfortable and have an enjoyable, positive experience. Our experience of eye tests from when we were children has inspired us to try and make it a smooth process, so the children have no hesitation, and in fact look forward to returning for their regular checks.
We pride ourselves on being a truly child-friendly opticians. After all, it was our daughter Ria who inspired our name! We also find being parents helps us to interact with the children on a level they understand, and conducting the examination accordingly, in a child-orientated fashion means they are happy to co-operate. This mutual rapport has even meant we have built up a small fan base, and look forward to the children coming back too!
Are you aware children are highly adaptable and don’t always know how well or clearly they should be able to see? This can mean they struggle on with undiagnosed visual problems for far too long. For this reason it’s recommended that children have their first eye examination by the age of 4, but they can be seen earlier if any problems are suspected.
Here are a few reasons why you should trust us to check your children’s eyes:
- We are fully dedicated to carry out thorough eye exams
- We allow ample time for children’s appointments, and if needed can break the examination down over more than one session
- Eye exams can be fun; we use a computerised testing chart showing pictures, shapes and numbers to do parts of the eye test, so it doesn’t matter if your child cannot read yet
- We make sure you have plenty of opportunity to ask questions and we always thoroughly explain all results from the examination.
- Of course there are always stickers at the end!
- If glasses are required, we have a wide and excellent range to choose from.
Eye examinations are free for under 16s and under 19s still in full-time education, so you can put your mind at rest without it costing a penny. NHS vouchers are available to help with the cost of glasses if they are required.
Younger customers do enjoy trying on our range of children’s glasses, as they include lots of funky designs. If your child does need glasses we’re here for any adjustments whenever they’re needed, making sure their spectacles grow with them.